The Missionary position is one of the most common and enjoyable sex positions as it makes for some intimate, close and satisfying sex with your man. This guide is going to show you how to perform the Missionary position for maximum pleasure (i.e. orgasms) along with teaching you some awesome variations to get the most out of it.
In the illustration above, you can see the basic Missionary position technique. You’re going to be on your back with your legs open while your man is on top with his legs are in between yours. He can steady himself by resting his weight on his elbows which he positions either side of you. He can also rest part of his weight on you, but should be careful to make sure that it’s not uncomfortable for you. Make sure to tell him if it is.
The great thing about missionary position, is that your man will hit your anterior fornix or A Spot provided he is sufficiently well endowed (you can see the A Spot below). This is perfect if you enjoy cervical orgasms.
What The Man Does In The Missionary PositionThe Missionary position is very straightforward and doesn’t require much agility or flexibility at all, so it’s suitable for practically everyone. Your man will be doing most of the work during Missionary sex, and he simply needs to thrust in and out of your vagina.
While this movement can certainly be pleasurable for you, you will find that it’s even more pleasurable if he grinds on you at the same time. To do this, he needs to move his pelvis up and down along with thrusting so that his pubic bone can apply pressure onto and around your clitoris, which makes it very similar to the Coital Alignment Technique.
What The Girl Does In The Missionary PositionWhen you are having sex in the Missionary position with your man, you may feel that because he is on top, that he’s the one in control. But you also have a great degree of control over how deep he penetrates you along with how much stimulation your clitoris gets.
When your man is on top of you, you can wrap your arms around his neck or head. Alternatively, you can ‘hook’ your arms underneath his arms and grab his back so that you can pull yourself down onto his penis for slightly deeper penetration.
- To Stimulate Your Clitoris – If you want him to stimulate your clitoris more than he already is, then all you need to do is grind it against his pubic bone on every thrust. It will take a little while to get your rhythm, but once you do, it feels amazing!
- To Make Him Penetrate You Deeper – To get him to penetrate you deeper when having Missionary sex is easy. All you need to do is lift your legs up. Keeping them raised in the air can get tiring, so your best bet is to wrap them around your partner’s back like you would do in the Drill position.
If you don’t like wrapping your legs around your man, but still long for deeper penetration, then you can put a pillow or cushion under the small of your back/hips area. This will elevate your vagina and allow him to penetrate you more deeply without you having to raise your legs.
How To Enhance The Missionary Position & Get More Pleasure From It
- Roleplay & Light BDSM – In this position, your man is very much in the dominant position on top of you. If you like feeling submissive in this position and want to take it a little further, then you can try some role play. One example would be having your man pin your arms down above your head while you try to struggle free. Another, more intense roleplay idea would be for him to put one or both hands on your neck and to lightly choke you (of course, having a safe word or even something in your hand to drop to notify your man of a problem is a pre-requisite here).
- Dirty Talk – If you like your man talking dirty to you, then Missionary is the perfect position as your man will naturally be right by your ear.
- Talk to Him! – To make the Missionary position more fun for both of you requires you to talk to your man and for you both to give each other feedback on what you like and don’t like so much.